“The health should be as sacredly guarded as the character.”—Christian Temperance
Home Remedies-The natural healing powers of some common vegetables, fruits and spices are simply amazing. Mother Nature has gifted us with so many things which we are not aware of.
HOME REMEDIES FOR COLD AND COUGH
- Take half a teaspoon of ginger juice with half a teaspoon of honey, three times a day.
- Take a hot shower. Breathing in the steam can provide temporary relief.
- Mix one fourth cup of warm water with one teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey.
- Basil leaves and ginger are very effective in relieving an irritating dry cough.
- Mix cardamom, ginger powder, black pepper, honey and cinnamon (half teaspoon each).
HOME REMEDIES FOR STOMACH ACHE
- In case of constipation, mix two tea spoons of castor oil with a cup of warm milk and give it every night before going to bed or whenever necessary.
- 1 spoon of ajwain with warm water also relieves stomach ache.
- Drinking chilled ¼ cup milk with ½ cup water relieves acidity.
- If the pain is due to acidity or gas, drink plain soda water for instant relief.
- Mix two tea spoons of lemon juice with one fourth glass of warm water.It helps in relieving all kinds of stomach aches.
HOME REMEDIES FOR DIABETES
Diabetes is a disease in which a person has high blood sugar because the body does not produce enough insulin.Pancreas secrete a hormone called Insulin, that helps in absorption of sugar by the cells. The most common types of diabetes are:
Type 1 diabetes: In this type, the body fails to produce insulin and the patient needs to inject insulin into his body.
Type 2 diabetes: This type results from insulin resistance i.e. a condition where the cells fail to make use of the insulin appropriately.
- Bitter gourd is a well known remedy for diabetes. Eating a tablespoon of fresh bitter gourd juice regularly is effective for high sugar patients.
- Chew eight to ten leaves of neem early in the morning and drink water on empty stomach.
- Soak two tablespoon of fenugreek seeds overnight. Eat the seeds first after waking up and then drink the water in which they were soaked.
- Jamun fruit is good for controlling diabetes. You can dry the seeds, powder them and store them for future use.Thus, Home Remedies not only help to save money but by taking natural ailments instead of medicines made by chemicals, you and your family can avoid lot of side effects of medicines .which are visible in long term.So be Smart mom and be as natural as possible.